PDP loses national assembly seat to APC in Ebonyi-The National Assembly Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State Monday declared the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate in Ezza South/Ikwo federal constituency, Chinedu Ogah, as the winner of the February 23 National Assembly elections in Ebonyi State.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had declared the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate in the election, Chief Lazarus Ogbee, as the winner of the election, polling 31,296 votes, while Ogah got 27,700 votes.
Dissatisfied with the results, Ogah had proceeded to the tribunal alleging that there were deductions from the votes cast for him in some polling units and wards in the election and should be declared the winner of the election.
The tribunal, which restored the said canceled votes in the election, declared that Ogah scored the valid votes and was validly elected.
The Chairman of the tribunal, Justice Sika Henry, ruled that from the evidence presented before the tribunal to back up his claim, Ogah scored 36,238 votes in the election, while Ogbee got 33,263.
The winner, Ogah, said that the tribunal has restored the mandate of the masses who voted for the APC during the election. Meanwhile, the PDP candidate said that he will appeal the judgment and reclaim his mandate.
- Umuhuali Deanery Excels In Her Choir Competition… Winners Selected for the 21st September and 23rd November 2019, for Semi And Grand Finale
- Governor Umahi Inaugurates Agro Rangers
- Onicha Local Govt Begins Profiling To End Farmers, Herdsmen Clash… Ivo Council Set for Forest Guard
- Ebonyi 2019 Governorship Tribunal-PDP Humiliates PDM… Each Respondent to Receive N100,000 Award
- Gov Umahi Suspends Engr. Ottah