With Akindoyin Aanuoluwapo
Did God Create Adam and eve?
In the beginning, God was so wise in making a help meet unto man and he created Eve and not Steve. “So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created him them. (KJV)-Gen 1:27”
God created man in His Image and after God saw that everything he made was all good, but none was fit as a help meet for the man, “And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him. –Gen 2:18”
He brought out a rib from the man and made another person; a woman, when God brought her to Adam, he said …this is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. –Gen 2:23
After the creation of the duo, “And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moves upon the earth.(KJV)- Gen 1:28”
God, the All-knowing made these two to be compatible with each other because they are two different creatures, though, being, made to complement each other, not to compete with each other.
The natural way of life for humanity is illustrated by the Biblical account of God’s creation of human beings as a male-female pair, not male-male not female-female.
The word Adam and eve were created among the Christian folks to inform the homosexual community that God made Adam and Eve, neither is it Adam and Steve nor Madam and Eve.
Lots of people have been deceived into believing being a gay or being a lesbian was a way they were created by God and thereby, they need to be that way so that they can live life to the fullest.
In this edition, Let’s talk about Adam and Steve, to know whether as to their belief if God created Adam and Steve or Adam and Eve, the life of Adam and Steve, and the consequences of such life.
The bible says “So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created him them. (KJV)-Gen 1:27”, not male and male, not female and female. God is so wise in everything He does, He knows the importance of a woman in a man’s life, in the home, church, the community and the world at large, that’s why He didn’t make another man out of Adam, but He made a woman.
There was a time I went to teach in NYSC Orientation camp, the boys were so much that the ratio of boys to girls is like 8:1, the camp was so boring and dull, unlike when there was almost equal ratio. That period, I knew the importance of a woman the more.
God gave several commandments and these are important in drawing nearer to God and in receiving what is best from him.
One of the laws that need to be followed which talked about Adam and Steve could be found in the book of Lev 20:13-If a man also lies with mankind, as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
There is nowhere in the bible that God said if a man shall have a woman as his wife, he should be put to death, except in the case where the man rapes the woman, he shall be put to death or he pays her bride price, marries her and never divorce her for life, that can be found in the book of Deut chapter 22 (Read all for better understanding).
The life of Adam and Steve is Characterised by several challenges.
Living a life of Adam and Steve brings stigmatization to them, they are discriminated among people, they face rejection in the public and they are dejected. They are also at higher risk of facing crucifixion everywhere they go.
Consequences of Adam and eve
– They are at increased risk of contracting HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, as well as other sexually transmitted infections.
– They might be at higher risk of depression and anxiety.
– They are more likely to experience body image problems and eating disorders, such as anorexia (A prolonged disorder of eating due to loss of appetite) and bulimia nervosa (A disorder of eating in which the person alternates between strong craving for food and aversion to food; characterized by excessive eating followed by periods of fasting or self-induced vomiting), than are their straight counterparts.
– They might be more likely to stay silent about domestic violence due to fear of discrimination and lack of facilities designed to accommodate them.
– They are likely to allow fear of homophobia or the stigma associated with homosexuality prevent them from seeking routine health care, thereby not taking care of themselves when they have health challenges.