Do you know that facebook has a procedure on how to change your name on facebook? A lot of people find it hard to locate this on facebook because they use a name that only a handful of a friend knows them by. Well, it doesn’t have to be that way. Well, it doesn’t have to be that way.
Whether you are changing your name because you got married or for some other reasons, this procedure will show you how to get it done on facebook.
How to Change Name On Facebook
Below is a step by step guide
- Launch your browser
- Go to Facebook and log in.
- Locate and click on the down arrow icon on the top left corner
- Click on settings
- Click on the edit link for the name.
- Enter your new facebook name
- Now click on review Change.
- You might be prompted to enter your password
- finally, click Save Changes.
Note that Facebook only allows users to change the name on Facebook only 60 days after the previous change.
Facebook Name Guidelines
Facebook has laid down rules for usernames. Do not include the following on your facebook name.
- Symbols or numbers.
- Avoid irregular capitalization, repeating characters, or unnecessary punctuation.
- Do not mix characters from different languages.
- No inclusion of titles
- Facebook does not phrase as names
- No Offensive or suggestive words allowed.
Other guidelines to keep in mind when you want to change the name on facebook
- Do not impersonate another person
- Change name on facebook to your common name as in your ID card. Because you might be requested to show proof someday. See facebook ID list.
- Only use nicknames that are relatable to your authentic names.
- You can also list other names on facebook such as maiden name, nickname, professional name.
Note: If the stated standards are followed correctly, you will not have trouble changing name on the platform.
Why You May Have Problem To Changing Your Name
If you are encountering problems changing your facebook name, it is because of one of the following reasons.
- You didn’t follow the above guidelines
- Your previous change name on facebook was done less than 60 days ago.
- Failure to confirm your name on Facebook.
- Change name on facebook request might not work if the name doesn’t that on your ID.
If you are having problems after several tries, fill out this form.
I hope this post was really helpful. Also read: Reset Facebook Password With These Simple Steps
- Gmail Account; How To Delete Gmail Account Permanently
- How To Download Your Facebook Videos Into your Laptop