Windows 10 auto-updates can be easily disabled. This article will guide you on how to disable windows update. There are images and videos to guide you.
You are here because you’re having difficulties turning off windows update or later version from updating automatically. Being on a low budget is normal.
Windows 10 is an operating system from Microsoft. The Windows 10 controversial policy has caused a horrible nightmare to users that manage their data.
Nothing is annoying after subscribing to low budget data, and the next thing you notice your Data Bundle is out. It is a pain in the neck as this is actually what most users go through.
Disable Windows 10 Auto Update
This article will guide you on how to prevent windows 10 updates. Disabling windows update in windows 10 is not a good idea, as windows do automatic updates to fix loopholes, bugs and also tighten your firewall and security in other to prevent virus hack.
The steps below will guide you o different methods on how you can easily disable automatic updates in Windows 10 and Windows 8, 8.1.
Method 1: Disable windows update
By turning ON Metered Connection, the priority update will be on pause. Windows 10 and 8 offers its user another method to disable the update. However, the operating system can only update only if it is a classified significance update.
Follow this simple step to manually disable updates on your Windows 10 OS.
- On your keyboard, press the following hotkey (Win + I) to open Settings App
- Click on Network & the Internet
- On the left, click on Wi-Fi and click on Advanced Option and toggle your preferred network to SET AS MATTERED CONNECTION to ON.
If you are Running an updated Windows 10, then follow the method below to Stop Windows automatic update.
- Hotkey (Win + I) to open Settings App and click Network & Internet
- Click Wi-Fi, click on your current connected network (Else, click Known Network and set the metered connection to it)
- Under Metered Connection, Toggle it ON and you are good to go.
Whenever you feel like updating your windows operating system, Turn Metered Connection OFF.
Method 2: Disable windows update using Win Service
This method also applies to Windows 8, 8.1 as well. In this method, you will learn another easy method to stop windows update service.
- On your keyboard, run the following command key (Win + R) Win, is the “Windows” icon on your keyboard and Letter “R”.
- Type in “services.msc” in the dialog box and hit enter. Note: without the quote.
- From the list of services, look for Windows Update Service and double-click on it. The image above will guide you.
- Under General Tab => Startup type. Click the drop-down and set to Manual for a manual update or Disable update.
- Click Ok and Restart
Once done, you can now browse, and enjoy your data with peace of mind.Follow us