The New Year is always filled with so much merriment that we sometimes forget to sit down and plan for the year. The new year means different things for different people. While some see it as a big deal, others say it’s a mere change in calendar nothing more nothing less. Well, you know the group you belong to. All in all, it’s still cool. Most people usually set out plans as soon as we enter a new year, others keep on procrastinating till the year runs out. While some people write their own down, others do not, they prefer to bear it mind.
Is it OK not to write down your goals?
Like I said above, anyhow you want to see your new year is cool. How you want to prepare your goals is your choice. However, the truth is that hard copy still beats soft copy. It’s always great to write down your goals. It is a content reminder of how you want your year to be.
Words written in the mind are usually forgotten. This is one of the reason why people do not at the end of the year, achieve their set out goals. Not writing your goals down is good, writing them down is better. You could write it in your diary, or a book which you visit everyday. You could write it and paste on the wall at a strategic part of your house. This way you can read it everyday and remind yourself of all you want to achieve.
After you have written down (or not written down these goals, (whichever works for you) devise a strategy on how to achieve them. Like Paul said, Faith without works is dead. In as much as you have faith that the year will be great, you have to back up your faith with work. You can talk to people, ask questions on how they achieved their own goals. Read books on that particular goal you want to achieve. Follow advice and work on yours. The truth is it will not be easy. So you have to prepare your mind first on how difficult it may get.
Is it too late or too early?
It’s not too early to set your goals and target for the year, neither is it too late. You must not set your goals on the first day of the year or even the first month. Some will be confused till the middle of the year. Just take your time (but not too much). However, it’s better to do so as soon as possible. This will help you set better plans on how to achieve them.
You can examine how far you have gone by the middle of the year. Evaluate yourself as the year progresses, it will help you know how far you have gone and what you still need to do. It’s not all about the time you planned your goals, it’s about when you started working towards achieving them. It is not about when you mapped out strategies on how to achieve these goals, it is about when you started implementing those strategies.
- Tales Corner-My New Year Resolution
- Tales Corner-You Don Buy my Asoebi Cloth?
- Tales Corner-Not All Men Are Scum
- Tales Corner….Getting Married
There is one weird thing about time, it flies even without having or needing wings. It does not wait for you to prepare, it just keeps going. Today is 5th of January 2020 already, soon we will enter February, March and the rest of the months. Tick-tock, slowly time moves. So move with time. You cannot recover the lost hours nor the lost days but you can determine how the ones coming will be.
My words to you this year is…
- Shun laziness (mental or physical).
- Break up with procrastination.
- Make enemies with fear.
- Cast all grudges away from your mind.
- Keep up with your old friends.
- Make more friends.
- Learn a skill.
- Improve yourself.
- Add value to yourself. Everyone wants to see what you can bring to the table, what you have to offer.
- Think more positive.
- Reflect daily on your actions.
- Make more friends.
- Visit more places
- Do daring things.
- Take worthy risks.
- Buy gifts for others (no matter how small).
- Apologize when you are wrong.
- Forgive others.
- Most importantly…
- Take care of yourself.
- Eat healthy.
- Feed your mind positive thoughts and good contents.
- Appreciate yourself.
- Love yourself.
- Be you.
- Work on you (change the bad, leave the good)
- Live better than the previous year.
- Love more and never judge.
- Achieve more.
- Break boundaries.
- Do exploits.
- The past year is gone, do not waste this year’s 365 days.
- Laugh more.
- Happiness is healthy.
- Learn, relearn, unlearn, grow, glow!!
- May your shine dim the sun.
- 2020 is your year, go grab your 365 opportunities.
- I wish you the best of years.
- Remember, none of us is leaving here alive!