A primary school head, Mr. Romanus Nworie from Onumaocha Okpuitumo, Ikwo Local Government Area of Ebonyi State has been electrocuted on 23rd December 2019.
Until his death, he was the headmaster of Community Primary School Uduku- Ettam Okpitumo known as School 13.
Mr. Nworie lost his life at a high tension in Abaomege Onicha Local Government Area where he went to connect light for another community, Nsuba Okpuitumo Ikwo.
Citizens’ Advocate gathered that the Primary School Head went for the alleged illegal connection.
A source close to his family in Onumaocha disclosed that the deceased after he woke up from sleep on that fateful day called his wife and told her that he had a dream that he was electrocuted but the couple rejected such evil dream.
Shortly after, the people came requesting his services to enable them to enjoy light during the Christmas celebration, an illegal business that he went for and never returned alive.
“He had a dream on 22nd night till 23rd where he was electrocuted and he told his wife about the ugly dream. Later in the day, some group of people came and invited him to come and connect light from the National Grid for a Community called Nsuba through Abaomege in Onicha Local Government Area, that was where he was electrocuted and he died immediately.”
“I don’t know what the family will do now because both the father and mother are still alive and he was a very kind-hearted man a very dedicated Presbyterian church member.”
“He climbed two poles, on getting to the high tension, he was electrocuted immediately.”
It was learned that teachers, his church members, and friends have been mourning because of his kindness to them even as they were going on condolences to his parents and wife.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) Ebonyi State Command, Loveth Odah said her office was yet to receive a report on the matter.